HLA B27 associated diseases can be remembered using the mnemonic PAIR.
- Psoriasis/Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Reiter’s syndrome
Another useful mnemonic to remember the subgroups of seronegative spondyloarthritides is: PEARU
- P: psoriatic arthritis
- E: enteropathic arthritis (i.e. extraintestinal manifestation of IBD)
- A: ankylosing spondylitis
- R: reactive arthritis (Reiter syndrome)
- U: undifferentiated spondyloarthritis
Hope that mnemonic helped. Got a better mnemonic for the same? Let us know in the comments below.
Also check out these medical mnemonics